Author Topic: r him a big piece of this franchise and we’re going to do everything we can to k  (Read 20 times)

elaine95

• View Profile
Raiders quarterback Derek Carr has 18 Womens Derek Carr Jersey ,739 passing yards in his five-year career, which means he’s probably only a game or two away from a significant franchise record.That’s the Raiders record for career passing yards, currently held by Hall of Famer Kenny Stabler. The franchise record of 19,078 yards is just 339 yards away for Carr, and he’s excited about having his own name mentioned alongside Stabler’s.“That gives me goosebumps. That was my dad’s favorite player growing up,” Carr told Sal Paolantonio of ESPN.NFL passing offenses are so much different now than they were during Stabler’s day that it’s hard to make much of a comparison between the numbers: In Stabler’s rookie year, 1970, NFL teams averaged 161.4 passing yards per game. By 2018, NFL teams averaged 237.8 passing yards per game. So it’s hard for any quarterback from the 1970s to have numbers that stand up to today’s stats.Carr seems to recognize that. He knows Stabler was a greater passer than his stats may suggest. Rodney Hudson joined the Raiders as a free agent in 2015. He has made two Pro Bowls since.The Raiders want to make sure Hudson remains with them even longer.Raiders coach Jon Gruden said the Raiders have opened talks with Hudson’s agent regarding a new deal. “I know [General Manager Mike Mayock] has talked to his agent,” Gruden said Tuesday during the Raiders minicamp Antonio Brown Raiders Jersey , via Scott Bair of NBCSportsBayArea.com. “I don’t want to get into specifics of those conversations, but we consider him a big piece of this franchise and we’re going to do everything we can to keep him here for a long time.”Hudson restructured his deal last offseason and is scheduled to make $8.25 million in base salary this season with a $10.017 million cap hit.Hudson’s $8.9 million annual average ranks 10th among players at his position.Hudson, 29, has missed only three games in his four seasons in Oakland.A team captain and respected locker room voice, Hudson recently graduated with an MBA from Nova Southeastern University. “He has graduated from Pass Protection U and Run Blocking State, and now he has a Master’s degree in business,” Gruden said. “That just certifies what kind of guy you’re dealing with. He’s a great player on the field. He’s one of our captains and team leaders, and is as tough a guy as we have. I’ve seen him play with kidney stones and various ailments. To get a Master’s degree is a huge accomplishment, and I’ll compliment him until the day’s end. He’s special.”