Author Topic: (20), Tanoh Kpassagnon (11). The Chiefs are  (Read 36 times)

elaine95

• View Profile
(20), Tanoh Kpassagnon (11). The Chiefs are
« on: January 16, 2020, 06:57:00 AM »
Chiefs vs. Steelers: Making sense of snap counts The Kansas City Chiefs deafened the Pittsburgh Steelers Rashad Fenton Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys , 42-37, in game two of the 2018 season on Sunday.Here were the snap counts for the Chiefs:OffenseDefenseSpecial teams (only)Starters (offense): WR Tyreek Hill, LT Eric Fisher, LG Cam Erving, C Mitch Morse, RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, RT Mitch Schwartz, TE Travis Kelce, WR Sammy Watkins, WR Chris Conley, QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Kareem HuntStarters (defense): LDE Chris Jones, NT Xavier Williams, CB Orlando Scandrick Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys 2019 , LOLB Justin Houston, LILB Anthony Hitchens, RILB Reggie Ragland, ROLB Dee Ford, LCB Steve Nelson, S Eric Murray, S Ron Parker, RCB Kendall FullerActive, but did not play: QB Chad HenneInactive: S Eric Berry, RB Darrel Williams, CB Charvarius Ward, LB Ben Niemann, C Austin Reiter, G Kali McKenzie Infant Rashad Fenton Jersey , DT Justin HamiltonTakeaways (in no particular order)Chiefs right tackle Mitch Schwartz, who has an ongoing six-year snap streak, wanted it to be well known that he did not miss a play on Sunday.Demetrius Harris had 17 snaps on offense (29 percent) and 30 snaps on special teams (86 percent) in his return to the lineup. Harris was suspended Week 1.Damien Williams actually had more snaps (9) at running back this week than Spencer Ware (6). Anthony Sherman got in the mix for 13 plays (22 percent), but he failed to keep his two-game touchdown streak alive.Safety Ron Parker and cornerback Steve Nelson were your iron men on defense this week, each playing 81 snaps for 99 percent. With the Steelers passing quite a bit, the Chiefs’ third cornerback, Orland Scandrick, was on the field for 74 snaps, or 90 percent.With Reggie Ragland dealing with a stinger, Terrance Smith actually saw more snaps on the game, 43-25.Rookies Derrick Nnadi (19 snaps) and Armani Watts (16 snaps) contributed a bit on defense.Chiefs head coach Andy Reid commented on the additional snaps for Smith and Watts on Monday: “I would tell you the number of reps that these guys have had over the last couple of weeks to give Armani (Watts) a shot in there. And then (Tremon) Smith, I’ve told you before, I would tell you that it was just number of reps that equal. Both of them are good in that position. Different flavor, but both of them are good in that spot. And we sprinkled Armani (Watts) in a little bit last week. They have had a lot of reps.”Your outside linebacker snap count went as follows: Justin Houston (70) Rashad Fenton Jersey nfl draft , Dee Ford (65), Breeland Speaks (20), Tanoh Kpassagnon (11). The Chiefs are going to be without wide receiver Tyreek Hill for some time after he was injured against the Jaguars on Sunday and that prospect likely feels less daunting after seeing what Sammy Watkins did against Jacksonville.Watkins caught nine passes for 198 yards and three touchdowns in the 40-26 Kansas City victory. That’s the same number of touchdowns as he had in 10 games for the Chiefs last season and he said after the game that the performance came after an offseason spent building up his confidence in himself.“Just playing fast,” Watkins said, via Albert Breer of SI.com. “It was like the third play, but Pat made eye-contact with me and I knew it was coming. After I caught the ball, I’m like, ‘Yeah, this is what I do. I’m gonna finish this play.’ That’s something I worked on: my focus in the offseason. The same things I was doing in high school and college, I think I got that mojo back. That confidence to go out there and make plays and make moves.”Watkins said he expects the Chiefs will be missing Hill for six or seven weeks, but feels the offense will keep rolling in the interim because they have “so many guys that can step up and play that position.” Watkins showed he’s at the top of that list on Sunday.